Genie Industries/Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), a business segment of the Terex Corporation, is headquartered in Redmond, WA with branch offices worldwide; we manufacture material lifts, aerial work platforms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers, telehandlers, scissor lifts and self-propelled telescopic and articulating booms. We are a company with a strong safety first mentality, team based culture, respect for the individual and high integrity.
Genie sets the standard by which other lifts are judged. Simply put, we build a better lift. Our innovative designs and reliable products have made Genie a world leader in the production of material lifts, portable aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, and self-propelled telescopic and articulated booms. The right time is now to come join us as we grow and expand to meet our customers' needs.
This is a product design role for Terex products under the Genie brand name and will be tasked with developing and applying reliable engineering methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of technical problems.
This role is responsible for developing and applying reliable engineering methods, theories, and research techniques, in the investigation and solution of technical problems. These problems can be mechanical, structural, electrical, and/or hydraulic in nature. Specific areas of focus include electrical control systems, and hydraulic lift/drive systems.You will facilitate research and design proposals for design on a basis that focuses on safety, productivity, quality improvement and cost minimization. You will utilize a thorough understanding of Genie products and lean manufacturing processes to relate designs to the final product. This position will work in the test center and R&D building with a team of engineering technicians and test engineers supporting new product development and sustaining engineering teams and also supporting our strategic sourcing initiative with testing support for proposed component changes.
· Testing support for technical projects in the development of aerial lifting platforms and telehandler products.
· Develop new designs from initial concept to implementation of testing systems and improve existing designs.
· Specify component and machine level testing, create procedures and detail testing processes.
· Work closely with design engineering team and sustain a dynamic and creative engineering work atmosphere.
· Document designs with solid part models, assemblies, bills of materials and detailed drawings in SolidWorks. Verify designs using traditional analytical methods in conjunction with dynamic and finite element analysis software.
· Research, specify and test manufactured and purchased parts working closely with the materials group and suppliers.
· Maintain a focus on design for manufacturability and work closely with the Design Engineering Technicians to assist in product and process improvements.
· Apply existing standards and develop new testing standards and processes.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Work closely with Design Engineering Technicians on the shop floor and develop pragmatic solutions.
ABET Accredited B.S. Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology with a US State EIT Certification.
4 or more years of design engineering experience
2+ years of experience in machine design
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Proficient with solid modeling (SolidWorks preferred)
Excellent PC skills including Excel and Word
Experience in machine design or related industry
Ability to follow sequenced work associated with complex design tasks
Demonstrated team player qualities
Experience with engineering changes and documentation processes
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Strong orientation towards safety, quality, and continuous improvement
Maintain and develop Plus 1 software for new and existing test fixture control systems.· Understanding of reliability calculations and Weibull analysis·Competent in working with data acquisition equipment and transducer selection.·Understanding of Controller Area Network (CAN) architecture and message structure.
Ability to read and create hydraulic and electric schematics
Job ID 2018-36713
# Positions 1
Posting Location Redmond - WA - USA