Genie Industries/ Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), a business segment of the Terex Corporation, is headquartered in Redmond, WA with branch offices worldwide; we manufacture material lifts, aerial work platforms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers, telehandlers, scissor lifts and self-propelled telescopic and articulating booms.
We are a company with a strong safety first mentality, team based culture, respect for the individual and high integrity
This position is responsible for supporting the development of production systems for global expansion of the AWP Division. This position requires knowledge of manufacturing practices including fabrication and assembly line setup, tooling design, weldment fixturing, and equipment design. Requires an understanding of electrical controls, hydraulics, and pneumatics. Requires knowledge of engineering terminology including design specifications, CAD, BOM, equipment and component testing methods and equipment function.
High School Diploma.
1+ years experience in industrial assembly and production line setup.
1 year experience operating assembly equipment, MIG welding, machine programming, and/or machine setup and troubleshooting of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical components
• Experience or familiarity with 3P, 7 Ways, Prototyping, Simulations, Kaizen and the PDCA cycle to make improvements is desirable.
• Ability to take advanced projects from concept to production (including manual creation and training material).
• Understanding and belief in lean manufacturing principles and the Terex Operating System is desirable.
• Ability to design and build manufacturing jigs and fixtures for new products.
• Excellent problem solving skills (Identification and elimination of issues at the root cause).
• Understanding of machining (lathes & mills), including programming, tool selection, and troubleshooting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to teach others.
• Ability to work independently, competently, and within a team.
• Willing to learn and implement process/product improvements.
• Ability to teach, develop, document, update, and improve Standard Work.
• Flexibility to work overtime, different shifts, and travel, on short notice as necessary.
• Ability to work well under compressed time constraints and manage multiple projects at one time.
• Ability to read engineering drawings and schematics.
• Experience with computers, including MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Solidworks, and E-mail.
Job ID 2018-37512
# Positions 1
Location: WA-Moses Lake