Terex is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. Terex delivers lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining. Terex reports in three business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Cranes; and Materials Processing. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. For more information about Terex, its products and services, visitand/or.
Due to expansion of the business Terex Genie are delighted to announce that we are recruiting for a number of Field Service engineers in various parts of the UK. We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join our successful team. Interested applicants who believe they have the required ability and desire to succeed are encourgaed to apply.
Job Title : Field Service Technician
Department : Technical Services
Location : Various UK locations
Reports to : Technical Services Manager
• To ensure that Terex AWP with the Genie brand remain the market leader within the AWP sector
• Offer comprehensive technical support primarily for ‘in service’ Terex AWP/Genie and where required non Genie/Terex AWP machines
• Deliver exceptional levels of customer service embracing the Service Excellence philosophy
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with Technical Services, Sales and other team members within our business functions
• Gain a comprehensive commercial understanding of the Terex AWP strategy, route to market and customer base. Through this awareness identify and support commercial opportunities within the Technical Services team.
• Where necessary and required make provision for specific project work supporting the team in ensuring we maintain our position and continuously improve.
• The position will require the job holder to be home based covering the UK and Ireland, you are required to have a flexible approach and will be expected to spend time away from your home base when necessary. The position will also contain an element of European travel (possibly at short notice).
Main Tasks / Responsibilities:
• Thorough examination and certification - perform mandatory inspections on all AWP machinery to a LOLER standard
• Service and Repairing of machines at depots as required to ensure conformance with manufacturers specifications and company policy
• Carry out assessments/inspection and report findings (including BOM, estimated Labour and plan of action) on AWP machinery
• Interact with fellow team members to ensure accurate and timely sharing of information both technical and commercial
• Liaison and interaction with customers and suppliers; as a Terex representative always providing a high standard of Customer Care and being polite at all times
• Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they accurate
• Notify appropriate team member of any defective or unsafe equipment
• Inspecting and testing wiring and circuitry and replacing faulty parts
• Cleaning parts and equipment using chemical solutions
• Applying finishes and surface coatings to products, using chemicals or by spray painting
• Carrying out basic quality checks and support the quality programme though closed loop reporting.
• Accurate and timely completion of all relevant reports and documentation in support of standard operating procedures
• Work flexibly to perform any other tasks required by Terex AWP EMEAR that are within the employees skills and abilities pursuant to the position
• Ensuring compliance with Terex AWP processes and procedures and remain compliant with all local laws and requirements
• From time to time undertake other workshop duties
Skills & Experience:
• Time Served Mechanical and Electrical background
• Capital Equipment/Plant Equipment experience
• Previous Experience of working with AWP
• Previous experience and an understanding of the rental channel
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability and willingness to undergo in-house training on all products, processes and operating systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer)
Education / qualifications:
• Valid CAP Certification (IPAF Competent Assessed Person)
• Qualified to B.T.E.C. or HND in Engineering Discipline (or equivalent)
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Preferred candidate will have IPAF operators licence or Genie operator’s licence.
• Valid forklift licence (preferred)
Preferred Previous Experience:
• Time served experience gained working on AWP’s in the Powered access industry
• Have experience working in Plant, diesel engines, auto electrics, hydraulics, diagnostic fault finding with lifting equipment and servicing HGV’s
• Have a mature outlook and a desire for career progression with the UK’s market leader
• Comfortable working on your own whilst ensuring you remain an integral part of the team.
• The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
• A clear communicator with a good understanding of customer service, quality and safety procedures
Posted Date 6 months ago
Job ID 2017-34658
# Positions 1
Posting Location Grantham - Lincolnshire - UK